The goal of the marathon is to ensure equal access for all the participants of the educational process to the best educational resources and technologies, to identify and support all gifted children with the special educational needs and to promote their creative self-realization.
Tasks of the marathon:
- creating conditions for children with the special educational needs, contributing to their successful self-realization in the society,
- improving the forms and methods of identifying, developing and supporting gifted children with the special educational needs,
- dissemination and popularization of the scientific knowledge among schoolboys and schoolgirls with the special educational needs,
- development of the intellectual and creative activity skills and ability to solve problems of the exploratory, research character in children with the special educational needs,
- forming functional literacy of the primary schoolboys and schoolgirls, including such ones with the special educational needs,
- education of tolerance, ability to cooperate in the team creative work.
The second marathon was held on March 3, 2017 in the City of Almaty and was conducted in all the cities of the country. In that marathon 2,175 children took part, including 259 children with the special educational needs from the special boarding schools and inclusive classes. Traditionally, the marathon starts in the City of Almaty and ends in the City of Astana.
Term of the marathon implementation is from 2016 to the present.
The arranger for the project is the Public Foundation "Martsana"