The goal of the marathon is to ensure equal access for all the participants of the educational process to the best educational resources and technologies, to identify and support all gifted children with the special educational needs and to promote their creative self-realization.
Tasks of the marathon:
- creating conditions for children with the special educational needs, contributing to their successful self-realization in the society,
- improving the forms and methods of identifying, developing and supporting gifted children with the special educational needs,
- dissemination and popularization of the scientific knowledge among schoolboys and schoolgirls with the special educational needs,
- development of the intellectual and creative activity skills and ability to solve problems of the exploratory, research character in children with the special educational needs,
- forming functional literacy of the primary schoolboys and schoolgirls, including such ones with the special educational needs,
- education of tolerance, ability to cooperate in the team creative work.
In 2018 the third intellectual marathon started on April 7 in the City of Ust-Kamenogorsk and was held in all the cities of the country. Therein 1878 children took part, including 139 children with the special educational needs from the special schools and inclusive classes.
Term of the marathon implementation is from 2016 to the present.
The arranger for the project is the Public Foundation "Martsana".